The conference site at the “Hermann Neuberger Sportschule“ / Saarland Sports College (“Landessportschule”) is adjacent to the main campus of Universität des Saarlandes. The reception and cafeteria are situated in building 1. The Conference will take place in the big round-shaped building in the center of the “Landessportschule”.
The Center of Saarbruecken is approximately 3 km (1.9 mi) away.
(April 2, 2013)
Please arrive until 5 pm on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 in Saarbruecken / Germany to be in time for our get-together at 7 pm, which takes place in the city Saarbruecken. Before, you are free to make your registration at the Conference Site. The reception for the rooms is situated in building 1 of the “Landessportschule” area.
The weather in Saarbrücken at this time of year is generally warm, sometimes even reaching around 28°C (82°F). However, it could also be rainy with temperatures around 17°C (63°F). You will find the updated forecast here: http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Saarbrucken+GMXX0117:1:GM
The conference site at the “Hermann Neuberger Sportschule“ / Saarland Sports College (“Landessportschule”) is adjacent to the main campus of Universität des Saarlandes in Saarbruecken, approximately 3 km (1.9 mi) outside the city centre in one of the many woodland areas surrounding Saarbruecken. The reception and cafeteria are situated in building 1. The Conference will take place in the big round-shaped building in the center of the “Landessportschule”.
City of Saarbruecken
Saarbruecken is the state capital of the German federal state Saarland. Saarbruecken lies in the south-west of Germany, close to Luxembourg and the neighbouring French region of Lorraine.
- Cologne – Saarbruecken 280 km (174 mi)
- Frankfurt – Saarbruecken 200 km (124 mi)
- Strasbourg – Saarbruecken 110 km (68 mi)
- Paris – Saarbruecken 390 km (242 mi)
- Luxembourg – Saarbruecken 90 km (56 mi)
- Brussels – Saarbrücken 320 km (199 mi)
Travelling to Saarbruecken by Plane
- Saarbruecken Airport has direct connections with the following cities: Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin Tegel, Leipzig, Dresden, Munich and Luxembourg. Saarbruecken-Ensheim airport is about 15 km (9 mi) from the city center. To Saarbruecken central train station, please take bus R 10 or go the whole way by taxi.
- Frankfurt Airport is the next international airport to Saarbruecken. It is 170 km (106 mi) away from Saarbruecken, by car around 2 hours, by train 2.5 hours.
Travelling to the Conference Site by Car
- GPS Coordinates: N 49° 15′ 32,0″ E 07° 02′ 25,4″
- Coming from the east (Mannheim/Karlsruhe): A6 Mannheim-Paris motorway as far as the exit “Ausfahrt St. Ingbert West”. Follow road signs to the University (“Universität”) and then to “Hermann Neuberger-Sportschule” (“Landessportschule”).
- Coming from the north (Koblenz/Trier): Follow the A1 as far as the junction “Autobahnkreuz Saarbruecken”, then take the A8 as far as the junction “Autobahnkreuz Neunkirchen”. From there, proceed towards Saarbruecken on the A6 (see: “Approaching from the east”). This is a detour, but it will save you a lot of searching and slow-moving traffic in the centre of Saarbruecken.
- Coming from France: Take the Paris – Mannheim motorway as far as the exit “Ausfahrt St. Ingbert West”. Follow road signs to the University (“Universität”) and then to “Hermann Neuberger Sportschule” (“Landessportschule”).
- Coming from Luxembourg: Take the A620 motorway as far as Saarbruecken, leaving at the “Wilhelm-Heinrich-Brücke” exit. From there, follow road signs to the University (“Universität”) and then to “Hermann Neuberger Sportschule” (“Landessportschule”).
- Travelling to the Conference Site by Bus and Train
- From the north-west via Koblenz/Trier (RegionalExpress departing every two hours); from the north-east via Mainz (RegionalExpress departing every hour); from the east via Mannheim (fast IC/ICE services several times a day or RegionalExpress services); from France via Metz or via Strasbourg/Saarguemuines. For more information, please contact Deutsche Bahn AG (German Rail).
Local Bus Services
To get from Saarbruecken Central Station (“Hauptbahnhof”/”Hbf”) to the university campus in Saarbruecken, you take bus number 102 (to “Dudweiler-Dudoplatz”) or numbers 112 or 124 (to “Universität”). These services are operated by the Saarbahn+Bus company and run every 30 minutes.
For more detailed information, please refer to the online timetable of Deutsche Bahn AG (German Rail). The bus stop for you is “Landessportschule”.
For your accommodation, we recommend modern rooms at our conference site, Hermann Neuberger Sportschule. Rooms can be seen on http://www.lsvs.de/index.php?id=21. These rooms are reserved for a limited number of participants for the period between June 25 and June 29, which gives you maximum flexibility. Each room has its bathroom, some have also a safe and a fridge.
They cost 40 Euro per night, breakfast included.
Please make your room reservation with Mrs. Emanuela Becker (email@example.com; phone +49-681-302-4726) until April 15, 2013. Also, please send us your dates of arrival and departure as soon as possible.
Additional hotels are of course available in Saarbruecken.
Meals & Get-together
On June 26, 7 pm, there will be a get-together with Saarland specialties at the traditional restaurant “Stiefelbräu” (address: Am Stiefel 2, Saarbruecken) in the city centre of Saarbruecken.
How to get there:
You walk right into the pedestrian zone of Saarbruecken city to the old market center (“St. Johanner Markt”). One of the side lanes is “Am Stiefel” (about 200 m/0.12 mi walking distance from the fountain in the middle of the market center). Everybody in Saarbruecken knows “Stiefelbräu” – so do not hesitate to ask the people!
On June 28, we will have wine tasting with three-course dinner at the wine house “Gerd Petgen” in Perl. The bus from Hermann-Neuberger-Sportschule is schedule at 18:30.
For all that, there will be a charge of 125€ per person.
Please inform us (firstname.lastname@example.org; phone +49-681-302-4726) about personal dietary requirements and other relevant issues during the conference.
(April 6, 2013)